Hi, happy Friday, what are you up to this weekend? Lucy has a birthday, after which she has big plans to turn into a cobweb and disappear forever. That’s in addition to: eating Japanese food, eating Chinese food, eating cake, drinking wine, eating more cake, drinking several beers, etc. Rob I hope you’re reading this (hint: bake me a cake). According to the internet, other people on this planet will be doing things like drinking Cheez-It cocktails, ordering from the secret Mister Softee menu(???), and more. Check it out after the jump. Tell us fun things in the comments.
- Only in Chicago do people drink cocktails made of Cheez-Its and Kimchi. Even the guy who invented this beverage didn’t seem that thrilled about what he came up with, according to HuffPo. “I did the best I could with what I had,” he said. “It was kind of tasty for what it was, I guess.” Tram, go try it for us and write a review?
- Do you guys watch Comedians in Cars with Coffee, that web series where Jerry Seinfeld drives around with comedians drinking coffee and chatting? It’s pretty delightful. And now he has a new thing called “Single Shot,” which is basically outtakes of the original show edited together. Still delightful!
- Here is a very extensive take on how one can go off-menu at the Mister Softee truck.
- This Irish army vet has spent a lot of time coming up with the perfect funeral plan, and it involves: A coffin shaped like a Jack Daniels bottle, a Guinness delivery van instead of a hearse, and a solar-powered iPad whose exact purpose is escaping me a little. This man is so Irish, and such a good planner, I love him. Via GrubStreet.
- Modern Farmer calls bullshit on the recent slew of “Sushi Nails: Big in Japan!” trend pieces. <3 u, Modern Farmer.